Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday, Monday

Today I woke up singing Monday, Monday by the Mama and the Papas. I don't know why, but I hope to day is a good day, I am alive so it starting out great. On February 17th regular television signals are going digital, so you have to either buy a digital television or get a box that requires yet more money. So our family has decided to go anti-television on that day. We are also going to go through our movie collection and get rid of any inappropriate movies. I hear you, 'Why not do it now'. Okay so you don't know me. My name is Holly and I am addicted to television. In our family I have a Joke, that someday I am going to be in rehab somewhere and in our group circle they will ask, "Holly, what was your entry drug?" To which I will reply "Television." Whats hard is that my parents live with us and they will have television in their room. I don't think it will be that hard for anyone else in the family because they all primarily watch Movies. Anyway, Pray for us, if we are shaking and sweating and talking with a stutter, you will know we are going through withdrawal.

1 comment:

aLeXa said...

Holly,
This is Arden (I forgot to sign in as myself, and I don't know how to switch without losing my comments :))
You'll be SOOOO glad you shook off TV. I haven't watched it since I was in college (that's ages ago, almost in the days of the Mamas and Papas!). I'll give you some good reasons, to stimulate you to love and good works. 1. It is such a time-waster . Scripture says, Redeem the time for the days are evil. We must be about the work of taking dominion for Christ! 2. It desensitizes you to all that's wrong with our culture. So many subliminal messages you are receiving that you don't know about. 3.I think it also breeds aggressive behavior. It is being proven to cause ADHD in children, so why not in adults? 4. I can't prove it, but...if you want your marriage and family relations to improve, you'll go cold turkey TODAY. Just a little encouragement from a Christian sister. You go girl! Congrats on your new blog.